Thursday, May 9, 2013

Can You Really Make Money Doing Surveys Online?

I read all the time that one good way to make money at home is to do surveys. I really wanted to know if people can really make good money doing surveys. Here is what I learned:

MLS says: 

"You can, but not much. I've tried that several times over the years, and the most I've ever made is about $40 a month, and not every month.

It's okay for extra cash, but not as a way to make a living, even any real supplemental income. And most of the time, the survey will screen you out. It can get frustrating.

If you try this, only join survey sites that are free. The ones that make you pay to join aren't worth it. There's a site called Opinion Outpost that both connects you with free survey taking sites and sometimes gives you surveys of its own. That's where I'd go first.

Most survey taking sites are US based, and many of them are open only to US residents, sometimes US and Canada residents. A very few have a broader range than that. Minimum ages to join range from 13 to 18, and you have to be at least 18 or 21 to qualify for most of the surveys."

Guest 0012 says:

"I generally fill out surveys when I'm watching TV or during downtime at work. (Or when I'm bored.) Mostly, I use the money I earn as gifts for friends or family. I've probably earned around 100 dollars worth of gift cards through three different sites in the last couple years, plus a lot of magazine subscriptions (usually cheaper to cash in than actual cash prizes.)"
SAHM says:
"I've done online surveys for a couple of years now. It's not been bad at all. Yeah, I'm not going to get rich doing it, but I like to trade the points in on things I wouldn't normally get. We purchase extra airline miles and hotel points that get us free stays and trips. Most take just a little bit of time. I don't do the ones that require lots of time or going somewhere."
MSC says:
"Go to mysurvey123.com, and you will get survey site ratings.
I did this for a while and made about $100 a month. If you are temporarily unemployed, or have a lot of free time on your hand, then go for it. It can be frustrating when you don't qualify for the surveys after having spent more than ten minutes answering questions. It's like they get your input on most of the questions without paying you when you can't complete the rest of them.
You're better off taking online college courses and improving your education and future earning power.
People with moderate income get rich "saving" money at the rate of a few hundred dollars a month. So it's indicative of what people value for a hundred dollars a month, not the amount added to your income. If you enjoy taking surveys, we already know the benefit of compounding small amounts over time."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...