Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blogging for Beginners (for money)

My blogging experience has been well documented as I have learned more effective blogging tips & tricks, especially for a beginner. If you are looking to start a blog, and make a little money on the side....this is the blog post for you. First thing you should do is read how to
start your own blog: the basics.

Getting Started

To start you must first have a good idea of what to write about, and enough time to write the blog and promote your blog. Getting started you need a blog space, find either a blogging website (blogger.com, blogspot.com, squarespace.com, etc.) or buy your own webspace and build your own blog. Either way, design your space and start posting. It can never be expressed enough the importance of making many posts in the beginning. The sooner you can build a base number of posts the sooner your blog will look credible and worthwile. Post as often as possible for 30 days.



I chose art, since I'm an artist, health & immortality, since I want to live forever, and blogging, since i keep diligent notes of my blog progress and think it could help others.

Selling Space

On this blog, I use Adbrite, which is a google adsense competitor. See my post Adbrite Vs Adsense to see my head to head review. It is also very important to note, that in the very beginning you will not make anything but a few pennies. Do not be discouraged, it simply takes a while to build readership and eventually have readers clicking your links. Be very smart about where you place your google ads or adbrite ads. I also recommend Project Wonderful which sells space on your blog to advertisers. The space goes to the highest bidder.


Build Traffic

I've written a few blogs about building traffic. I strongly suggest searching out your potential readers and the best place to find them. Posting on digg, myspace and craigslist may get you a few hits, but posting on a specific forum, message board or yahoo group may find a lot more interested parties....and these readers have a much better chance of returning visits if they are interested in your content. Plus, if you read a blog, you should leave a comment with a link to your own website (leave a comment on my blog, its a good start). Find your people.


Be consistent

Consistency is the key here. If you can get past the 30 day struggle and survive the Struggles of Blogging you can be successful. Be following this advice you could find yourself writing a blog you really enjoy, meeting people like yourself and profitting.

Want to know how much money I make blogging? Keep in mind I am still a new blogger myself.

Add a comment, leave a link to your blog, ill be sure to visit.

1 comment:

Thajmode said...

Hey William, I see you are still blogging, and blogging good dude... At least you have more consistance than me man....

First, I would like you to take a look at a post I made about this website for making money, maybe u've heard about it, but take a look (www.josemodesto.com)

And second,, you should ad a contact form here, unless you already have it and I havent seen it???

Well,, nice to keep reading your posts every day dude,,,

Regards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...