Friday, November 16, 2007

Actual $ Figures: 20 day blog total

(originally posted in October 2007)

I find the blogging culture very fascinating. I am very new to the blogging game, having just started on October 5th, 2007. This is my 20 day review of my exposure and monetary numbers. I explain where I get funds and exposure; and I critique whether my strategies are working or not.

Note: All of my statistics below are hypothetically the baby steps leading to bigger and better things eventually.

current strategies for exposure:

blogcatalog.com The time it takes to submit each article is tedious and it has not generated many hits to my page. I think there is a larger audience of blog writers viewing the page, and a lot less blog readers. I am going to continue and hope for bigger numbers in the next 20 days, if not I may not continue this route for exposure. (12 hits)

Digg.com I am also new to digg. If you have a digg account please add me.

Blog Rush I am disappointed in this feature so far. My statistics are not available to me for review. The site is under construction. I think the concept is good, and I do find myself clicking to other blogs from the ticker, but I have never seen my site generate any hits from other tickers.(?)

current strategies for monetary funds:

Google Adsense Slowly creeping towards 15 cents. It has been a struggle with google adsense for me. I do not really see the value, since I am only making approximatley one cent per day. I do enjoy that it counts my up to the hour page impressions.
Current funds: 0.11 cents

The NewsroomVoxant Newsroom allows me to post specific news videos to embed on my page. The thing I like about newsroom is the fact that I can specifically choose news videos that I find important or worthwhile on my blog. Currently this is my favorite and best source of income for the blog.
Current funds: 2.45 cents

Vume.com The site, Vume (pronounced 'view me') is a photobucket style site, that allows upload and storage of pictures, audio or video. The cool thing about this site, is that it pays you $3 per 1000 views. I use this site to host my blog pictures and since the start of my blog I have made almost 2 dollars.
Current funds: 2.71 cents
Total funds (20 days): $5.27 ($94.86 per year)

Note: My funds are on pace to make 20 dollars more than 10 days ago. Meaning my averages are going up.

Side ventures (unrelated to blog):

Moola.com For fun. Moola.com is a invite only chain letter syle free money game site. Free to play, win free money (pay for it by watching ads). If you want an invite click here. Current funds: 1.95 cents ($81.00 pending from boosters)

Bearded Bunny Ball Blog Project: $43.00 sold

More ventures and expiraments on the way. Next $ blog update on the 4th of November.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...