Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vume- Make "them" money by posting pictures?



Make it. Post it. Profit
VuMe (pronounced "View Me"), pays you to upload your pictures to the site. You recieve $3.00 for every 1000 hits. Basically, the site makes money selling advertising and pays you a percentage of their income. I have just been exposed to the site and I've spent the last month testing out how profitable this could be for me.

Money
As of this moment I had made: $3.12
I have posted more than 55 images, see: my Vume profile, to see what I have posted there so far. At the current rate I am going, if I continue to add 10 pictures a week, I will end up with about $12.00 in one year. I have experimented with posting links to my images on digg.com, and also by posting bulletins on myspace.com . I have generated an extra 40-60 hits by advertising the image. However, it is far too much work to do this for each image for a profit of under $.25 .

Vume vs Photobucket

On vume it is not very profitable to post pictures, even if you worked really hard at posting good pictures and advertising them. However, Vume is a free service, and allows you unlimited space to upload images, audio, blog and video. I originally suggested for people to use Vume as a substitute for Photobucket.com, but now Vume has buckled.

Vume's downfall?

When I first reviewed this site only 30 days ago, I said, "Sites like this tend to lose steam, or start taking away profits once enough people are streaming in to the site. Therefore, I don't think vume will stay a profitable place for very long." Sadly, that day has already come, as profits have been slashed by 66% and counting. Not to mention a slew of uploading, hosting, and posting problems. My personally profits went from 3.21, to 1.12 within one day. I do not advise anyone to make money with this site.

However, if you just want a place besides photobucket to post pictures feel free to Join Vume here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...