Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why waste?

Blogging has been a struggle between the balance of time and effort. I have seen a lot of people build up solid blogging structures only to walk away. How many blog to stumble upon randomly that look interesting but have not been updated in three monhts or more?

It happens to me a lot.

I question the point of getting into blogging if there is the possiblity of quitting completely. The leg work that goes into building traffic, readers, etc is so time consuming, it simply is bad business to let a blog remain completely uncurrent (yes, i made up a word). Even a simply post every two weeks using a recyclable format would be a better way to ween down posts. Or else go out with a bang, and splash your final post with links to your other favorite sites. Just letting your dead blog lying dormant on the desert floor that is the web is far too pathetic.

I have no problem with blogs that do not post very frequently, similar to my own, I find a few good post topics a month and run with them, otherwise I sit back and work on my other projects. I enjoy giving my posts a good 4 or 5 days to resignate with the public before I move on to the next post. Yet, it is very important to at least jump on when I can and throw something else out there.

It's better to fade out, than fade away.

Make sure to see one of my favorite blog posts, Stop trying to beat me

And if you would like to play games for free money check out Cent Sports or Moola



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...