Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Splinterlands: Earn Crypto for playing this Collectible Card Game

For anyone that reads this blog, you will see that I have not posted much in years. The reason: there has not been many games or offers that were worth posting about. My last post was about joining Robinhood in 2018, to get free stocks. Prior to that it was 2017, with a post about my favorite free collectible card game you can play on your browser called Urban Rivals (feel free to go back and read those articles as they still hold up). 

Blockchain Technology

2019 happened. The pandemic happened, NFTs and Defi Crypto games sprouted up, and while I tried my best to find something worth spending my time and money on I finally stumbled upon Splinterlands. Splinterlands is my favorite game using the Blockchain Technology. You can actually play this game and earn crypto and rewards worth real money.  

Earn Free Money Crypto Game


Make Money playing Splinterlands?     

I cannot give you an accurate account of how much you can make per week, because the factors and numbers are always changing. Essentially it costs $10 to start (you need to buy the spellbook) but then you get one copy of commons and rares from the two most recent sets to start battling. Each day you can earn daily rewards if you complete the challenge. You also win DEC for each battle you win. 

Here is my daily rewards lot from today 8/3/2021 which is worth around nearly $15 if I sold the DEC and the Legendary card (this was admittedly a pretty decent reward pool): 

$15 rewards from daily drops

You can rent characters for small amounts of the in-game currency DEC, and use those characters to boost your squad and try to climb to the next level which in turn gets you more and more rewards and DEC. You also earn daily SPS, which is a governance token, which can either by staked or sold on the crypto market. I am a pretty new player, less than 4 months in, and I get about 9 sps per day, which I could sell for 2.25 (each SPS is worth $0.25 at the time of writing). 

Gameplay 

One of the main reasons (the community, the markets and the devs were right up there too) I felt confident to go ahead and start putting some resources into this game was that the gameplay was fun, challenging and diverse. The game plays a little like the Rise of Mythos or a tactical RPG, where you secretly select your team of warriors and place them in a particular order as your opponent does the same. There are certain rules in each battle that limit your choices, or give special positive or negative effect to that battle, which help guide you to select different configuration of characters. After you submit, the gameplay is done and you get to sit back and see how it all plays out.   


I personally only play my daily challenges (20 mins approx) and then maybe a weekly tournament or play an extra hour here or there to test decks and test cards or play with people I meet in discord. 

The Community, the Market and the Devs

I could write a bunch about all these additional topics as to why I felt Splinterlands was a worthwhile project but for the sake of brevity I will be brief (although if you want to hear more please leave a comment). Splinterlands has one of the best discord channel I have seen; it is supportive, helpful and an extremely valuable resource to get on your feet in the game. The market in game, on Atomichub, NFThive (among many others) is a huge part of the game that is really fun. You can make money find cheap or undervalued cards to buy and then rent, or sell over priced cards and then rent out the same one for a fraction when needed. I cannot forget to mention www.peakmonsters.com which is an amazing database that helps you sort, search for deals, watch the market, and analyze all of the assets in the game. The final thing that really sold me on Splinterlands was that the devs have done an excellent job laying the groundwork of a game that is fun to play, fun to collect, fun to trade and fun to watch grow. The dev have been responsive, transparent and seem to make really good decisions (a rare feat in the crypto gaming world from my experience). 

Give Splinterlands a try

If you have $10 and a little time each day, and you have interesting in crypto games that earn you money, or enjoy collectible card games I strongly recommend checking this out. Also, if you are new to crypto in general, because the discord community is so supportive and helpful, this might be the best place for you to start learning about the blockchain and defi projects. 

If you decide to try Splinterlands please use my referral code and send me a message on discord: https://splinterlands.com?ref=williamhessian


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...