Monday, June 2, 2008

Lazy Blogging equals Lazy Payouts.....or does it?

Blogging in May has been a bit of a hassle for myself. I started another new blog about my trip to Iceland called the Icelandic Puffin. I have had numerous art festivals and art shows the previous and the next few weekends taking up a lot of my time, as well as trying to promote and get donations for my art tour this summer. Needless to say, the business of blogging has taken a backseat to these other events. It is interesting to note, that my hardwork in the first few months promoting and posting all over the internet is paying dividends as my blogging earnings once again break a new record (just barely) while my blogging activity has platued.

That being said, here are my record breaking May 2008 blog totals. The statistics encompas my four blogs. Originally, I started Zombie Robot Frosting, which slowly spawned into Blog Blog Cherry (this blog) and then also the Bearded Bunny Art Blog and now even the brand new Icelandic Puffin.

Note: I have been documenting my blog progress since the very beginning. Is it realistic to be able to make money blogging? Find out all the ways I tried to earn money and make your own decisions whether or not it is worth it.

March 2008 Blog Profits: $25.72 (new record)

the breakdown:

Project Wonderful $6.54
Adbrite $0.22
Widgetbucks $0.92 (all time $36.68)
Google Adsense $17.53
Vume $0.51 (all time $4.75)

I have broken my all-time earning record three months in a row, while I have a long way to go before I start cracking triple digits, I am happing to be in double digits and climbing. In February I made 12 dollars, in March I made 17 dollars, April I broke 20 dollars and now I broke the big two five.

Google Adsense is once again my biggest earning profit center for my blogs, earning almost 20 dollars for the second month in a row. I attribute this succcess to new viewers to my blog and an increase in traffic. Google hasn't been this active since my mega popular Google Adsense Vs Loose Change challenge.

Adbrite has been disgustingly bad recently. This is the worst performance in a month by AdBrite since 2007. I think this has to do with my blogging inactivity (only posting 5 blogs in May) and also due to very low click rates. I have to say I am dissapointed with AdBrite and am questioning making the full switch over to Google's Adsense (currently Adbrite only runs on one of 4 blogs).

My Widgetbucks numbers has actually rebounded this month. I was only earning a quarter a month for a while, which was poor compared to the 50 cent average in the late 2007 months, but now a nice 92 cent score makes the cash out minimum ($25) seem to be in the crosshairs...my total is $36.68.


How this month stacks up:
May 2008: $25.72
April 2008: $24.80
March 2008: $17.35
February 2008: $12.06
January 2008: $13.23
December 2007: $6.01
November 2007: $8.09
October 2007: $8.55


View my detailed March, February, January, and Decemberstatistics.


To be honest, as mentioned in the intro paragraph I have been a bit lazy with my blogging strategy lately. I've been busy working on designing my own card game, planning my miniature artwork hunt art tour among other thing. I still use many blog traffic products however I have been slacking on the consistency of using these tools. Meanwhile, my hard work in the first few months of blogging has been paying off and my numbers continue to grow.

If you are really serious about blogging make sure to see my first blog studies! Make sure you do not make the same mistakes as I did. My November Blog Totals and also my first pathetic month in October 2007


1 comment:

rakee said...

HI ,
Increase your revenue 100% of your blog by converting into free website.
Convert your blog "yourname.blogspot.com" to www.yourname.com completely free.
Become proud owner of the (.com) own site .
we provide you free website+ free web hosting + list of your choice of
scripts like(blog scripts,CMS scripts, forums scripts and many scripts)
all the above services are absolutely free.
You can also start earning money from your blog by referring your friends.
Please visit www.hyperwebenable.com for more info.
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...