Friday, August 1, 2008

Blogging part time on the road (income totals)

I am a full time artist, part time blogger. You can see my artwork at www.williamhessian.com. I started blogging nearly a year ago, trying to find a way to make a little extra money on the side. You will quickly find out, by browsing my four blogs, that I only make a few dollars a month (last month 39.30). I was very interested to see how much I would make this month seeing a though I only made a few posts during the month since I was on the road the entire month for my art tour.

First an intro to my blogs:
Originally, I started Zombie Robot Frosting, which slowly spawned into Blog Blog Cherry (this blog) and then also the Bearded Bunny Art Blog and now even the brand new Icelandic Puffin.

Here is how I did in July while on the road:

Note: I have been documenting my blog progress since the very beginning. Is it realistic to be able to make money blogging? Find out all the ways I tried to earn money and make your own decisions whether or not it is worth it. you can see links on my side bar to other posts, where I give details about my blogging strategies.

LAST MONTHS (June's) 2008 Blog Profits: $39.30 (new record)


the breakdown:

Project Wonderful $3.11 (all time $25.05)
Adbrite $0.72
Widgetbucks $0.46 (all time $38.06)
Google Adsense $13.71
Vume $0.00 (all time $4.75)
Pay Per Post $0.00

June 2008 Blogging Profits: $18.00


Last month, Pay Per Post was my big new addition to the line up. I wrote one blog worth $20 and just like that I break another record. The coolest thing about pay per post is the fact that you get to look at a list of blogging topics, and if you like one and write about it you get the amount of money that the specific product or topic is paying. It is pretty cool. Check it out:



Granted, as you can see this month I did not like any of the blog oppertunities, and some filled up before I could apply for them (this happened 4-5 times). It earned me nothing.

You can also read my blog post about it here

I had broken my all-time earning record four months in a row before now. I hope to get back on pace this month with some great blog posts. In February I made 12 dollars, in March I made 17 dollars, April I broke 20 dollars, last month I broke the big two five, and now almost 40 dollars in this month alone!

Google Adsense is once again my biggest earning profit center for my blogs, earning almost 15 dollars. However, this is far under its normal earnings in the past, I attribute this lack of succcess to my inability to attract readers while on the road. This month I hope to increase my traffic. Google was far more active during my mega popular Google Adsense Vs Loose Change challenge.

Adbrite has been disgustingly bad recently. This is the second worst performance in a month by AdBrite since 2007. I think this has to do with my blogging inactivity while on the road and also due to very low click rates. I have to say I am dissapointed with AdBrite and am questioning making the full switch over to Google's Adsense (currently Adbrite only runs on one of 4 blogs).

My Widgetbucks numbers has actually rebounded this month. I was only earning a quarter a month for a while, which was poor compared to the 50 cent average in the late 2007 months, but now a nice 92 cent score makes the cash out minimum ($25) seem to be in the crosshairs...my total is $37.58.


How this month stacks up:
July 2008: $18.00
June 2008: $39.30
May 2008: $25.72
April 2008: $24.80
March 2008: $17.35
February 2008: $12.06
January 2008: $13.23
December 2007: $6.01
November 2007: $8.09
October 2007: $8.55


View my detailed March, February, January, and Decemberstatistics.


To be honest, as mentioned in the intro paragraph I have been a bit lazy with my blogging strategy lately. I've been busy working on designing my own card game, planning my miniature artwork hunt art tour among other thing. I still use many blog traffic products however I have been slacking on the consistency of using these tools. Meanwhile, my hard work in the first few months of blogging has been paying off and my numbers continue to grow.

If you are really serious about blogging make sure to see my first blog studies! Make sure you do not make the same mistakes as I did. My November Blog Totals and also my first pathetic month in October 2007


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...